Положение русского языка и Трасянка в БеларусиThe status of the Russian language and Trasjanka in Belarus
- Other Titles
- The status of the Russian language and Trasjanka in Belarus
- Issue Date
- Language policy; Belorussian language; Russian language; Trasjanka; Bilingualism; 언어정책; 벨라루스어; 러시아어; 트라샨카; 이중언어사용
- 슬라브어 연구, v.25, no.1, pp.185 - 196
- Journal Title
- 슬라브어 연구
- Start Page
- End Page
- Russian language is currently used by the absolute majority of the population for the communication of all social activities in Belarus. Belarusian language has been displaced from all spheres of usage. However, there is an intermediate form of mixed speech in Belarus, the so-called "Trasjanka".
Trasjanka – a mixture of Russian and Belarusian languages, the consequence of which is a violation of both languages: this is an incorrect use of gender, number, case or complete replacement of Russian words in Belarusian and vice versa.
Despite the fact that this phenomenon has a negative impact on both languages, it continues to exist, especially in rural areas among the poorly educated population, but it can also penetrate into the mass media, advertising and public spaces. Trasjanka is a typical language for people who do not speak much Russian nor Belarusian. Also, a group of people who actively the language is those who moved to the city during the Russification period and forced to learn the Russian language in order to find a job and a new place.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 인문대학 > 러시아학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.