농업인대학 교육의 가치 평가Evaluating Value of Farmers College Education Program
- Other Titles
- Evaluating Value of Farmers College Education Program
- 노호영; 김태영; 김성용
- Issue Date
- Farmers College Program; Double-Bounded Dichotomous Choice Questionaire; Contingent Valuation Method; Economic Value of Education; Tobit Model
- 농업경영.정책연구, v.47, no.2, pp.183 - 203
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the value of the tangible and intangible outcomes for farmers college education program operated by Korea Rural Development Agency and analyse the factors influencing their outcomes. Using Double-Bounded Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation, we assess the economic value of the education program and estimate the income contribution rate per hour of the education with contingent value method. We surveyed 341 farmers graduated from the education program and collected data about their socio-demographic characteristics and satisfaction in the education program. The main findings are as follows.
First, high-income farmers were found to obtain higher tangible and intangible outcomes from the education program than low-income and middle-income farmers. Second, farmers who voluntarily participated in the education program and who were satisfied with the education curriculum and facilities were found to have higher outcomes than those who otherwise.
Finally, the economic value of the education program was estimated to be 47,000~48,000 won per hour. Based on these findings, it is necessary to operate education programs customized to each farmer according to his/ her income or farming size in order to increase their performance and economic value. Considering the farmer’s evaluation of the education program, agricultural education programs needs to be operated constantly in the long-term perspective.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 식품자원경제학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.