중년기 빈곤 진입 후 지속기간이 우울을 매개로 음주에 미치는 영향: 한국복지패널을 이용한 종단연구The effects of duration after entering poverty on the alcohol consumption mediated by depression in middle-aged adults: The longitudinal study based on Korea Welfare Panel Study data
- Other Titles
- The effects of duration after entering poverty on the alcohol consumption mediated by depression in middle-aged adults: The longitudinal study based on Korea Welfare Panel Study data
- 조혜정; 이은숙
- Issue Date
- middle-aged adults; duration after entering poverty; alcohol consumption; depression; longitudinal mediation effect
- 보건교육건강증진학회지, v.37, no.3, pp.15 - 24
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objectives: The purpose of this study is to examine the longitudinal mediation effect of depression in the relationship between the duration after entering poverty and alcohol consumption among middle-aged adults.
Methods: Latent Growth Curve Modeling was performed with five waves(2014-2018) on data from the Korea Welfare Panel Study. The study subjects were non-poverty and middle-aged adults between 40 to 64 years in 2014.
Results: First, the duration after entering poverty was associated with the baseline of alcohol consumption and depression. Further, there was a significant correlation between the depression and the alcohol consumption trajectories. Second, it was also proven that depression has significant mediating effects on the longitudinal relationship between the duration after entering poverty and alcohol consumption. The longer the duration after entering poverty, the lower the initial level of alcohol consumption, however, a higher the level of alcohol consumption was mediated by depression. Conclusion: Results from the present analyses emphasize that the need for simultaneous interventions in depression and alcohol consumption prevention for the poor.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 간호대학 > Department of Nursing > Journal Articles
- 사회과학대학 > 사회복지학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.