Recent progress on bismuth oxyiodide (BiOI) photocatalyst for environmental remediation
- Arumugam, Malathi; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- BiOI; Environmental applications; Photocatalysis; Water treatment
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY, v.81, pp.237 - 268
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
- Start Page
- End Page
- There are huge prospects for environmental remediation using semiconductor photocatalysts that decompose toxic pollutants under the illumination of light. This review article offers an outline of the applications of BiOI photocatalyst for the efficient decomposition of pollutants exist in the aqueous ecosystem. In addition, methods for synthesizing and modifying BiOI are emphasized to provide strategies for improving their photocatalytic activity. Furthermore, recent research progress and future predictions for BiOI photocatalyst are also summarized. This review will offer vision into the fabrication of novel and highly active BiOI-based photocatalysts in a green manner at low operational cost. (C) 2019 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.