Studies in Sums of Finite Products of the Second, Third, and Fourth Kind Chebyshev Polynomialsopen access
- Kim, Taekyun; Kim, Dae San; Lee, Hyunseok; Kwon, Jongkyum
- Issue Date
- sums of finite products; Chebyshev polynomials of the second; third and fourth kinds; terminating hypergeometric functions
- MATHEMATICS, v.8, no.2
- Journal Title
- In this paper, we consider three sums of finite products of Chebyshev polynomials of two different kinds, namely sums of finite products of the second and third kind Chebyshev polynomials, those of the second and fourth kind Chebyshev polynomials, and those of the third and fourth kind Chebyshev polynomials. As a generalization of the classical linearization problem, we represent each of such sums of finite products as linear combinations of Hermite, generalized Laguerre, Legendre, Gegenbauer, and Jacobi polynomials. These are done by explicit computations and the coefficients involve terminating hypergeometric functions F-2(1),F-1(1), F-2(2), and F-4(3).
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 수학교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.