Involvement of CD4-1 T cells in the cellular immune response of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) against viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV) and nervous necrosis virus (NNV) infection
- Jung, Jae Wook; Lee, Jung Seok; Kim, Jaesung; Im, Se Pyeong; Kim, Si Won; Lazarte, Jassy Mary S.; Kim, Young Rim; Chun, Jin Hong; Ha, Min Woo; Kim, Na Na; Thompson, Kim D.; Kim, Hyoung Jun; Jung, Tae Sung
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- CD4-1 T lymphocytes; Olive flounder; Viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus; Nervous necrosis virus; Helper T cells
- DEVELOPMENTAL AND COMPARATIVE IMMUNOLOGY, v.103
- Journal Title
- DEVELOPMENTAL AND COMPARATIVE IMMUNOLOGY
- The occurrence of CD4 helper T cells has already been established for a number of teleost species, though, it has not been possible to analyze these responses at a cellular level due to a large lack of appropriate monoclonal antibodies (mAbs). In the present study, we produced a mAb against olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) CD4-1 lymphocyte to investigate the functional activity of the cells to improve our understanding of the T cell response in this species. This mAb is specifically able to detect CD4-1 lymphocytes in olive flounder proved by immunofluorescence staining and RT-PCR analysis. In flow cytometry analysis, the number of CD4-1-positive lymphocytes was observed to gradually increase from 3 days post infection (dpi) and then reach peak at 7 dpi against two viruses challenge. As a conclusion, both the basic properties of CD4-1 T cells and its response to viral infections in olive flounder are very similar to the helper T cells in terrestrial animals.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.