Isolating critical flow path and algorithmic partitioning of the AND/OR mobile workflow graph
- Ali, Ihtisham; Bagchi, Susmit
- Issue Date
- Graph partitioning; Workflows; Critical path; Critical node; Filter matrix; Frobenius norm
- FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE, v.103, pp.28 - 43
- Journal Title
- FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE
- Start Page
- End Page
- The standard workflow modeling approaches have insufficient information about structural stability to visualize the tasks in a complex workflow graph. The hybrid AND/OR mobile workflow graph (MWG) model addresses this issue by visualizing a fully conditioned workflow graph for dynamic networks. However, the scheduling and mapping of large scale workflows to heterogeneous resources is NP-complete in parallel and distributed computing systems. This paper aims to partition large scale workflows into mappable sub-workflows by isolating the critical flow paths using a filter matrix method. A set of algorithms are designed to perform decomposability checking and partitions of a AND/OR mobile workflow graph. The filter matrix allows input of user's constraints prior to the partitioning of a complex workflow graph. The experimental results show that valid partitions are obtained from various AND/OR mobile workflow graph. Moreover, non-linear regression analysis is presented to project the algorithmic time complexity for the partitioning of the large scale workflow graphs. A detailed comparative analysis of the proposed algorithm is included in the paper. (C) 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Aerospace and Software Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.