Effect of Operational Parameters on the Degradation of Methylene Blue Using Visible Light Active BiVO4 Photocatalyst
- Arumugam, Malathi; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- BiVO4 nanoparticles; Semiconductor; Methylene blue; Visible light; Degradation
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.41, no.3, pp.304 - 309
- Journal Title
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Visible light active bismuth vanadate (BiVO4) nanoparticles were fabricated by the facile hydrothermal method. The crystal structure and formation of the prepared BiVO4 were examined by X-ray diffraction and Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy. The optical absorption property of BiVO4 was measured by ultraviolet-vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. The photocatalytic activity of the as-prepared BiVO4 photocatalyst was assessed for the photodegradation of methylene blue (MB) under visible light irradiation (VLI). About 91.9% degradation in 90 min was observed when BiVO4 was used as a photocatalyst. Furthermore, the effect of varying the experimental parameters such as the catalyst amount, pH, and dye concentration were studied. Finally, the possible mechanism for MB degradation is presented.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.