Early menarche as a risk factor for suicidal ideation in girls: The Korea youth risk behavior web-based survey
- Lee, Dongyun; In-Young, Ahn; Chul-Soo, Park; Bong-Jo, Kim; Cheol-Soon, Lee; Boseok, Cha; So-Jin, Lee; Ji-Yeong, Seo; Jae-Won, Choi
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER IRELAND LTD
- Stabbing to death; Puberty; Maiden
- PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH, v.285
- Journal Title
- PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH
- Puberty, at which point girls experience menarche, is a biologically and psychologically unstable period. This study investigated the association between early menarche and suicidal ideation in girls. This study analyzed data from approximately 35,000 girls from the Korea Youth Risk Behavior Web-Based Survey every year from 2011 to 2015. The odds ratios of suicidal ideation were compared between the early and average menarche groups. Generally, the odds ratios of suicidal ideation in girls with early menarche were significantly higher than those with average menarche.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.