Improvement of Wireless Connectivity and Efficiency in E-Healthcare Service System Using a Proxy in Body Area Deviceopen access
- Kim, Sang Kon; Kim, Tae Kon; Koh, Jinhwan
- Issue Date
- KSII-KOR SOC INTERNET INFORMATION
- e-healthcare system; ISO/IEEE 11073; 20601 OEP; body area device; wireless connectivity
- KSII TRANSACTIONS ON INTERNET AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS, v.14, no.3, pp.991 - 1013
- Journal Title
- KSII TRANSACTIONS ON INTERNET AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Start Page
- End Page
- E-health services have provided interoperability between personal health devices in personal area network, based the ISO/IEEE 11073 standard. In the healthcare system, the manager handles m ost agents concurrently through wireless communication. However, due to the distance limitation and the increased number of agents, it may be difficult to provide continuous connectivity. Recently, body area devices have been equipped with various applicable agents, which can even handle agents on behalf o f the manager. A BAD may act as an intermediary device to increase system efficiency and performance. In this study, a device called "proxy", which can be installed as software on BAD devices, is proposed. The data measured by an agent can be sent to the proxy first, and subsequently be sent to the manager again. Agents and the manager are not aware o f the proxy existence and work normally without the proxy. Furthermore, a new smart proxy and modified manager are proposed. The smart proxy acts as one agent handling measurement data from several agents, which can transmit a significant amount o f data at once. The proxy and smart proxy maintain compatibility with existing devices that conform to the 20601 standard. The proposed schemes are verified and the complexities o f devices are analyzed. The analysis shows no significant difference among the proxy, smart proxy, and manager. Simulations exhibit that the proposed schemes can improve the system performance.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.