Copy-Move Forgery Detection Using Scale Invariant Feature and Reduced Local Binary Pattern Histogramopen access
- Park, Jun Young; Kang, Tae An; Moon, Yong Ho; Eom, Il Kyu
- Issue Date
- copy-move forgery; scale invariant feature transform; local binary pattern; keypoint; feature reduction; global feature
- SYMMETRY-BASEL, v.12, no.4
- Journal Title
- Because digitized images are easily replicated or manipulated, copy-move forgery techniques are rendered possible with minimal expertise. Furthermore, it is difficult to verify the authenticity of images. Therefore, numerous efforts have been made to detect copy-move forgeries. In this paper, we present an improved region duplication detection algorithm based on the keypoints. The proposed algorithm utilizes the scale invariant feature transform (SIFT) and the reduced local binary pattern (LBP) histogram. The LBP values with 256 levels are obtained from the local window centered at the keypoint, which are then reduced to 10 levels. For a keypoint, a 138-dimensional is generated to detect copy-move forgery. We test the proposed algorithm on various image datasets and compare the detection accuracy with those of existing methods. The experimental results demonstrate that the performance of the proposed scheme is superior to that of other tested copy-move forgery detection methods. Furthermore, the proposed method exhibits a uniform detection performance for various types of test datasets.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Aerospace and Software Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.