Near and Far Transfer in South Korean Teacher Education: The Moderated Mediation Effects of Social Capital and Intensive Reflectionopen access
- Kim, Hyeon-Jin; Joo, Young Hyeo
- Issue Date
- SAGE Publications Inc.
- intensive reflection; near and far transfer; professional learning community; social capital; teacher education
- SAGE Open, v.13, no.3
- Journal Title
- SAGE Open
- This study analyzed the mediating influence of social capital and the moderated mediating effects of social capital and intensive reflection vis-à-vis near transfer (NT) and far transfer (FT). The results obtained from data pertaining to 401 elementary school teachers in Korea revealed the following: (1) NT positively influences FT; (2) there is a direct relationship between NT and social capital; and (3) social capital does not directly impact FT on its own but affects FT when combined with intensive reflection. The results offer crucial theoretical and policy implications for teacher education and professional development programs worldwide. © The Author(s) 2023.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > Department of Education > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.