Investigation of the Frictional Behavior in a Roller Linear Motion Guide under Mixed EHL
- Cheng, De-Jun; Xu, Feng; Xu, Sheng-Hao; Kim, Su-Jin
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS INC
- Roller linear motion guide; micro-macro contact analysis; friction model; grease-lubricated contact; mixed EHL
- TRIBOLOGY TRANSACTIONS, v.63, no.3, pp.528 - 542
- Journal Title
- TRIBOLOGY TRANSACTIONS
- Start Page
- End Page
- In order to study the frictional behavior of a roller linear motion guide (RLMG) in mixed elastohydrodynamic lubrication (EHL), a micro-macro contact analysis is employed to analyze the contact parameters at the contact surface, such as the contact load and deformation, shear stress due to sliding effect, and shear stress of the lubricant. Then a friction model is developed via the combination of local friction analysis with a micro-macro contact analysis. The effectiveness of the friction model was validated by experimental results. The Stribeck frictional behavior of the RLMG was analyzed in detail. Furthermore, effects of the geometrical parameters and operating conditions on the friction of the RLMG are discussed. The study provides not only an approach for the study of the RLMG friction but also a theoretical foundation for reasonably reducing the friction and improving the mechanical efficiency of an RLMG.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.