High-Efficiency Diphenylpyrimidine Derivatives Blue Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Organic Light-Emitting Diodesopen access
- Sohn, Sunyoung; Ha, Min Woo; Park, Jiyong; Kim, Yoo-Heon; Ahn, Hyungju; Jung, Sungjune; Kwon, Soon-Ki; Kim, Yun-Hi
- Issue Date
- FRONTIERS MEDIA SA
- organic light-emitting diode; thermally activated delayed fluorescence; blue emitter; diphenylpyrimidine; singlet-triplet energy gap
- FRONTIERS IN CHEMISTRY, v.8
- Journal Title
- FRONTIERS IN CHEMISTRY
- Organic light-emitting diodes with thermally activated delayed fluorescence emitter have been developed with highly twisted donor-acceptor configurations and color-pure blue emitters. Synthesized 4-(4-(4,6-diphenylpyrimidin-2-yl)phenyl)-10H-spiro[acridine-9,9 '-fluorene] (4,6-PhPMAF) doped device with spiroacridine as a donor unit and diphenylpyrimidine as acceptor exhibits the device characteristics such as the luminescence, external quantum efficiencies, current efficiencies, and power efficiencies corresponding to 213 cd/m(2), 2.95%, 3.27 cd/A, and 2.94 lm/W with Commission International de l'Eclairage (CIE) coordinates of (0.15, 0.11) in 4,6-PhPMAF-doped DPEPO emitter. The reported 10-(4-(2,6-diphenylpyrimidin-4-yl)phenyl)-10H-spiro[acridine-9,9 '-fluorene] (2,6-PhPMAF) doped device exhibit high device performance with 1,445 cd/m(2), 12.38%, 19.6 cd/A, and 15.4 lm/W, which might be originated from increased internal quantum efficiency by up-converted triplet excitons to the singlet state with relatively smaller Delta E-ST of 0.17 eV and higher reverse intersystem crossing rate (k(RISC)) of 1.0 x10(8)/s in 2,6-PhPMAF than 0.27 eV and 3.9 x10(7)/s in 4,6-PhPMAF. Despite low performance of 4,6-PhPMAF doped device, synthesized 4,6-PhPMAF has better color purity as a deep-blue emission with y axis (0.11) than reported 2,6-PhPMAF with y axis (0.19) in CIE coordinate. The synthesized 4,6-PhPMAF has higher thermal stability of any transition up to 300 degrees C and decomposition temperature with only 5% weight loss in 400 degrees C than reported 2,6-PhPMAF. The maximum photoluminescence emission of 4,6-PhPMAF in various solvents appeared at 438 nm, which has blue shift about 20 nm than that of 2,6-PhPMAF, which contributes deep-blue emission in synthesized 4,6-PhPMAF.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.