Local Dynamics of Excitations in Glassy Liquids
- Lee, Hyun Taek; Landy, Jonathan; Kim, Jaeup U.; Jho, YongSeok
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- Glassy liquids; Excitation; Soft domains; Machine learning
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.76, no.12, pp.1076 - 1082
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this study, we propose new elementary processes of the excitation dynamics in glassy liquids, which trigger the structural rearrangement in a local and isolated region known as the cooperative rearrangement region. We identify the existence of primary particles which facilitate local dynamics by using a machine learning technique and a time series analysis. The local soft domains are established by a few soft particles that hop between local energy basins. While particles in contact with these primary soft particles respond non-linearly, other particles not in direct contact with them respond linearly as elastic materials.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.