Modeling of Ambient Environment and Thermal Status Relationship of Pig's Body in a Pig Barn
- Basak, Jayanta Kumar; Arulmozhi, Elanchezhian; Khan, Fawad; Okyere, Frank Gyan; Park, Jihoon; Kim, Hyeon Tae
- Issue Date
- AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATION CENTRE
- Ambient environment; Infrared Sensor; Pig' s body temperature; Regression models
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF ANIMAL RESEARCH, v.54, no.8, pp.1049 - 1054
- Journal Title
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF ANIMAL RESEARCH
- Start Page
- End Page
- An experiment was conducted to evaluate the performance of temperature model (T model), relative humidity model (H model), temperature-humidity model (TH model) and temperature-humidity index model (THI model) in predicting pig's body surface temperature (PBT). Infrared Sensor (IR) was used to measure PBT at different locations: left side (LS), right side (RS), forehead (FH) and back side (BS). Ambient environmental parameters inside the room such as temperature (ART), relative humidity (RRH) and CO2 concentration were measured using livestock environment management system (LEMS). THI model was selected as the best model in making more accurate prediction in both training (R-2 =0.72, RMSE=0.80, RSE=0.26 and MAPE=2.08) and validation (R-2 =0.74, RMSE=1.10, RSE=0.40 and MAPE=2.80) stages. For more precise modeling, apart from temperature and humidity data other environmental factors inside pig's barn (CO2 concentration, wind speed, air pressure etc.) as well as growth factors (body weight, feed intake etc.) may be included in models.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 생물산업기계공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.