New Signal Constellation Pairs for the ZTM-OFDM-IM Systemopen access
- Li, Shuang; Kang, Seog Geun
- Issue Date
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS & MOBILE COMPUTING, v.2020
- Journal Title
- WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS & MOBILE COMPUTING
- In this paper, we investigate new signal constellation pairs for mapping active subcarriers of the zero-padded trimode orthogonal frequency division multiplexing with index modulation (ZTM-OFDM-IM) systems. In the presented system, one of a constellation pair is the same as the one used in the previous work, and the other is a constellation larger than the one used in the previous work. It increases the minimum Euclidean distance between the subblocks of the ZTM-OFDM-IM system with new constellation pairs under the constraint of the same spectral efficiency. Computer simulation in AWGN and frequency-selective fading channels shows that the new ZTM-OFDM-IM system has a much lower bit error rate than OFDM-IM and dual-mode OFDM-IM and slightly outperforms the system with conventional constellation pairs. Since the proposed constellation pairs prove the error performance improvement of the system, it is considered that a further study on generalized design of the constellation pair for the ZTM-OFDM-IM system is necessary in the future.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 반도체공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.