Capture and displacement-based release of the bicarbonate anion by calixpyrroles with small rigid strapsopen access
- Heo, Nam Jung; Yang, Ju Ho; Lynch, Vincent M.; Ko, Byoung Joon; Sessler, Jonathan L.; Kim, Sung Kuk
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- CHEMICAL SCIENCE, v.11, no.31, pp.8288 - 8294
- Journal Title
- CHEMICAL SCIENCE
- Start Page
- End Page
- Two-phenoxy walled calixpyrroles1and2strapped with small rigid linkers containing pyridine and benzene, respectively, have been synthesized.H-1 NMR spectroscopic analyses carried out in CDCl(3)revealed that both of receptors1and2recognize only F(-)and HCO(3)(-)among various test anions with high preference for HCO3-(as the tetraethylammonium, TEA(+)salt) relative to F-(as the TBA(+)salt). The bound HCO(3)(-)anion was completely released out of the receptors upon the addition of F-(as the tetrabutylammonium, TBA(+)salt) as a result of significantly enhanced affinities and selectivities of the receptors for F(-)once converted to the TEAHCO(3)complexes. Consequently, relatively stable TEAF complexes of receptors1and2were formedviaanion metathesis occurring within the receptor cavities. By contrast, the direct addition of TEAF to receptors1and2produces different complexation products initially, although eventually the same TEAF complexes are produced asviasequential TEAHCO(3)and TBAF addition. These findings are rationalized in terms of the formation of different ion pair complexes involving interactions both inside and outside of the core receptor framework.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.