Evaluation of the Nanoparticle Dispersion and the Thermal Behaviors of Polyamide-6/Silica Composites
- Li, Mei-Xian; Lee, Dasom; Choi, SungWoong
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- epsilon-caprolactam; SiO2 nanoparticles; Polyamide-6; Polymerization
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.77, no.6, pp.530 - 536
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Polyamide-6 (PA6)/silica (SiO2) composites with different sizes and concentrations of SiO2 nanoparticles were prepared viain situanionic ring opening polymerization. An electron probe microanalyzer was used for visual examination to analyze the distribution of SiO2 nanoparticles in PA6/SiO2 composites. In addition, the thermal behavior of PA6/SiO2 composites was evaluated using thermogravimetric analysis and differential scanning calorimetry. As a result, the SiO2 nanoparticles were found to be well dispersed in the epsilon-caprolactam monomer with a watery viscosity. The sizes and the concentrations of the nanoparticles could affect both the polymerization and the crystallization behaviors of the composites.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 기계시스템공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.