Anion exchange membrane using poly(ether ether ketone) containing imidazolium for anion exchange membrane fuel cell (AEMFC)
- Son, Tae Yang; Kim, Deuk Ju; Vijayakumar, Vijayalekshmi; Kim, Kihyun; Kim, Dae Sik; Nam, Sang Yong
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- Alkaline anion exchange membrane fuel cell; Anion exchange membrane; Imidazolium; Poly(ether ether ketone)
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY, v.89, pp.175 - 182
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this study, PEEKs with different contents of imidazolium group (DI-PEEK) were synthesized by facile condensation polymerization using bisphenol A, 2,2'-di(2-ethyl-methylimidazole-methylene)-4,4'-dihydroxydiphenylether and difluorobenzophenone. Highly flexible and transparent DI-PEEK membranes showing anion exchange behavior could be prepared by the DI-PEEK solution using DMAc as a solvent. The DI-PEEK membrane with optimized content of imidazolium group (30 mol%) showed the highest ion conductivity (78 mS/cm at 80 degrees C) without deterioration of thermal and mechanical stability among the samples. A membrane electrode assembly using the DI-PEEK membrane with optimized content of imidazolium group revealed comparable cell performance (98 mW/cm(2) at 0.43 V) to that using a commercialized anion exchane membrane (114 mW/cm(2) at 0.43 V) under operating conditions of 60 degrees C and 100% RH. (C) 2020 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.