Egg production in laying hens receiving different forms of red ginseng and fermented red koji blend
- Seo, Byoung-Boo; Kim, Sam-Churl; Joo, Young-Ho; Lee, Hyuk-Jun; Chung, Tae-Ho; Choi, In-Hag
- Issue Date
- AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATION CENTRE
- Egg production; Fermented red koji; Haugh unit; Red ginseng marc
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF ANIMAL RESEARCH, v.54, no.10, pp.1304 - 1308
- Journal Title
- INDIAN JOURNAL OF ANIMAL RESEARCH
- Start Page
- End Page
- The aim of this study was to evaluate egg production in 40-week-old Hyline brown laying hens fed different forms of red ginseng marc (RGM) and fermented red koji (FRK) blend for 8 weeks. Two hundred and forty laying hens were distributed into four treatments (control, 1% RGM powder mixed with FRK, pelleted 1% RGM with FRK and coated pellets of 1% RGM with FRK) with six replicates of ten birds each in a completely randomized design. Improvement in egg production was done by measuring hen-day egg production (HDP), egg weight (EW), feed intake (F1), feed conversion ratio (FCR), egg mass (EM) and Haugh unit (HU). There were significant differences (P<0.05) among all treatments for HDP and FCR after 8 weeks, for EW and EM after 6 and 8 weeks and for F1 and HU from 4 weeks onward until 8 weeks of the experimental period. It was concluded that feeding coated pellet diet of 1% RGM with FRK to laying hens of 40 weeks of age improves their egg production (HDP, FCR, EM and HU) at the end of the laying period.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- ETC > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.