Beryllium-Ion-Selective PEDOT Solid Contact Electrode Based on 9,10-Dinitrobenzo-9-Crown-3-Etheropen access
- Kim, Junghwan; Kim, Dae Hee; Yang, Jin Cheol; Kim, Jae Sang; Lee, Ji Ha; Jung, Sung Ho
- Issue Date
- beryllium; crown ether; conducting polymer; all-solid-state electrode; sensor
- SENSORS, v.20, no.21
- Journal Title
- A beryllium(II)-ion-selective poly(ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT) solid contact electrode comprising 9,10-dinitrobenzo-9-crown-3-ether was successfully developed. The all-solid-state contact electrode, with an oxygen-containing cation-sensing membrane combined with an electropolymerized PEDOT layer, exhibited the best response characteristics. The performance of the constructed electrode was evaluated and optimized using potentiometry, conductance measurements, constant-current chronopotentiometry, and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). Under optimized conditions, which were found for an ion-selective membrane (ISM) composition of 3% ionophore, 30% polyvinylchloride (PVC), 64% o-nitro phenyl octyl ether (o-NPOE), and 3% sodium tetraphenylborate (NaTPB), the fabricated electrode exhibited a good performance over a wide concentration range (10(-2.5)-10(-7.0) M) and a wide pH range of 2.0-9.0, with a Nernstian slope of 29.5 mV/D for the beryllium (II) ion and a detection limit as low as 10(-7.0) M. The developed electrode shows good selectivity for the beryllium(II) ion over alkali, alkaline earth, transition, and heavy metal ions.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.