Multifunctional microwave heating and absorbing honeycomb core using nickel-coated glass fabric
- Choi, Won-Ho; Choe, Hyeon-Seok; Nam, Young-Woo
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Microwave heating; Microwave absorption; Multifunctional composites; Thermal properties
- COMPOSITES PART A-APPLIED SCIENCE AND MANUFACTURING, v.138
- Journal Title
- COMPOSITES PART A-APPLIED SCIENCE AND MANUFACTURING
- This paper presents a multifunctional honeycomb core with nickel-coated fabric (NCF) prepared via electroless plating, which combines microwave heating and absorbing functionalities based on the transformation of electromagnetic (EM) wave energy into thermal energy through molecular frictional force and dielectric loss. The proposed microwave heating and absorbing honeycomb core (MHAHC) is designed for multifunctional purposes with a tradeoff between power loss density and heating performance as well as microwave absorption for low observable performances. To investigate the microwave heating properties of the designed MHAHC, which exhibited a -10 dB microwave absorption performance from 1 to 18 GHz, a microwave heating test and a numerical simulation were conducted for a detailed analysis of the heating properties of the MHAHC. The experiments demonstrated that the designed MHAHC can be heated up to 43 degrees C within 1800 s at 5.8 GHz of microwave with 25 W.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.