Cost-Effective Synthesis of Efficient CoWO4/Ni Nanocomposite Electrode Material for Supercapacitor Applicationsopen access
- Thiagarajan, Kannadasan; Balaji, Dhandapani; Madhavan, Jagannathan; Theerthagiri, Jayaraman; Lee, Seung Jun; Kwon, Ki-Young; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- cobalt tungstate; CWO& #8211; Ni composite; supercapacitors; charge& #8211; discharge studies; wet chemical method
- NANOMATERIALS, v.10, no.11
- Journal Title
- In the present study, the synthesis of CoWO4 (CWO)-Ni nanocomposites was conducted using a wet chemical method. The crystalline phases and morphologies of the Ni nanoparticles, CWO, and CWO-Ni composites were analyzed using X-ray diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDAX). The electrochemical properties of CWO and CWO-Ni composite electrode materials were assessed by cyclic voltammetry (CV), and galvanostatic charge-discharge (GCD) tests using KOH as a supporting electrolyte. Among the CWO-Ni composites containing different amounts of Ni1, Ni2, and Ni3, CWO-Ni3 exhibited the highest specific capacitance of 271 F g(-1) at 1 A g(-1), which was greater than that of bare CWO (128 F g(-1)). Moreover, the CWO-Ni3 composite electrode material displayed excellent reversible cyclic stability and maintained 86.4% of its initial capacitance after 1500 discharge cycles. The results obtained herein demonstrate that the prepared CWO-Ni3 nanocomposite is a promising electrode candidate for supercapacitor applications.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.