Room and elevated temperature fatigue crack propagation behavior of Inconel 718 alloy fabricated by laser powder bed fusion
- Kim, Sumin; Choi, Heesoo; Lee, Jehyun; Kim, Sangshik
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Additive manufacturing; Inconel 718; Fatigue crack propagation; High temperature; Laser powder bed fusion
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FATIGUE, v.140
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FATIGUE
- The fatigue crack propagation (FCP) behavior of Inconel 718 alloy manufactured by laser powder bed fusion (L-PBF) was studied at 25 and 650 degrees C, and compared to those of conventionally processed counterpart. The FCP rates of L-PBF Inconel 718 alloy were found to be significantly higher than those of conventionally processed counterpart at 25 degrees C in low and intermediate Delta K regimes. The FCP rates decreased in near-threshold Delta K regime at 650 degrees C, while the reversal occurred above Delta K of 7 MPa root m, as compared to those at 25 degrees C. The FCP behavior of L-PBF Inconel 718 alloy was discussed based on micrographic and fractographic analyses.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.