Newton equation and Schrodinger equation for the harmonic oscillator with probability distributions in frequency
- Chung, Won Sang; Hassanabadi, Hassan; Kriz, Jan
- Issue Date
- Harmonic oscillator; Probability distribution; Superstatistical
- PHYSICA A-STATISTICAL MECHANICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS, v.558
- Journal Title
- PHYSICA A-STATISTICAL MECHANICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS
- In this paper, we discuss Newton equation for the harmonic oscillator with probability distributions in frequency, where the frequency is a stochastic variable with a suitable probability distribution. A new type of Newton equation is obtained by taking the stochastic average of Newton equation with harmonic force with respect to the fluctuating frequency. This method is also applied to the Schrodinger equation with harmonic potential. (C) 2020 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.