Development and Effectiveness of Practice Application Program of Intravenous Infusion Evidence-Based Nursing Practice Guideline - for Small and Medium Sized Hospitalsopen access
- Hong, Inhwa; Eun, Young
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC NURSING SCIENCE
- Evidence-Based Practice; Evidence-Based Nursing; Infusions Intravenous; Practice Guideline
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN ACADEMY OF NURSING, v.50, no.6, pp.863 - 875
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN ACADEMY OF NURSING
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: This study was conducted to develop and test the effects of a program for practice application of intravenous infusion evidence based nursing practice (EBP) guidelines in small and medium-sized hospitals. Methods: A mixed method research design was used, combining non-equivalent control group pre-post test design with qualitative study analysis. The subjects consisted of 55 nurses. The practice application program was developed based on the Advancing Research and Clinical practice through close Collaboration (ARCC) model. Data were collected for analysis in the following areas: nurses' EBP organizational culture and readiness, EBP beliefs, EBP implementation, importance about intravenous infusion, and performance about intravenous infusion, with data assessed using valid and reliable instruments. Patient outcomes were collected from the hospital's medical records. Data were analyzed using t-test,.2-test, and Shapiro-Wilk test, with qualitative content analysis used for interview data. Results: Following the intervention, nurses' EBP organizational culture and readiness, EBP beliefs, EBP implementation, and performance of intravenous infusion and perceptions of its importance showed significant improvement in the experimental group. Phlebitis rates decreased in the experimental group compared to the control group. Conclusion: This program is effective to improve nurse's perception and practice of evidence based nursing. Therefore we recommend to use this program at same levels of hospitals.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 간호대학 > Department of Nursing > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.