The Extract of Couroupita guianensis Aubl. Ameliorates Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia In Vitro and In Vivo
- Kim, Y.N.; Kim, N.-H.; Souliya, O.; Uddin, S.; Lee, S.W.; Kim, S.-Y.; Choi, S.; Heo, J.-D.; Jeong, E.J.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Pharmacognosy
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia; Couroupita guianensis; In vivo; LNCap; RWPE-1; Testosterone
- Natural Product Sciences, v.27, no.4, pp.274 - 279
- Journal Title
- Natural Product Sciences
- Start Page
- End Page
- The therapeutic effects of the leaves of Couroupita guianensis, a large tropical tree in the family of Lecythidaceae improving testosterone-induced Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia BPH were tested in vitro and in vivo. In BPH rats induced by castration and testosterone treatment, the prostate index was improved in groups administered with the extracts of C. guianensis extracted with 50%-, 100%-ethanol or boiling water, which was comparable with positive control, finasteride. The extract C. guianensis leaves showed significant inhibition on the expressions of type 2 5-alpha reductase 5αR in RWPE-1 human prostatic epithelial cells, and effectively attenuated the expressions of androgen receptor, type 2 5αR and proliferating cell nuclear antigen in LNCap human prostatic adenocarcinoma cells. The leaves of C. guianensis that exerted evident suppression on BPHrelated biomarkers in vitro and improvement of prostate index in vivo has a potential therapeutic use for the. ? Publication Year, publisher Name. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 항노화신소재과학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.