Determinants occurrence factors of vacant houses using spatial regression analysis: Focusing on vacant houses of detached houses in Gyeongsangnam-do
- Lee, S.-Y.; Joo, H.-S.
- Issue Date
- Architectural Institute of Korea
- Cause of vacant house; Occurrence factors; Spatial autocorrelation; Spatial regression analysis; Vacant house status
- Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, v.37, no.9, pp.93 - 100
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea
- Start Page
- End Page
- Vacant houses, which are directly linked to various social problems, are increasing rapidly throughout the country. In this study sought to understand the occurrence of vacant houses as a spatial phenomenon and to demonstrate factors affecting the occurrence of vacant houses. Therefore, the purpose of this study is as follows: First, it was intended to identify the distribution and analyze the current status of empty houses in Gyeongsangnam-do by utilizing actual empty house address data. Second, the spatial characteristics of vacant houses were understood based on spatial autocorrelation analysis of vacant houses. Third, variables were selected based on prior studies and the factors affecting empty houses were analyzed through spatial regression analysis. Finally, it was intended to explore the connection between regional characteristics and the occurrence of vacant houses, and to derive influencing factors related to the occurrence of vacnat houses. Analysis results shows that the distribution of vacant houses is distributed in large numbers around geographically poor areas. The increase in vacant houses could also be observed centered around areas near existing vacant houses. Furthermore, the spatial regression analysis showed that the occurrence of vacant houses was highly distributed in areas with poor terrain and environment, such as administrative boundary areas, river boundary areas, and wastewater discharge sites. Based on these results, it seems necessary to take measures against vacant houses in dangerous areas in order to prepare for the increase in vacant houses in advance in the future, taking into account regional characteristics. ? 2021 Architectural Institute of Korea.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 도시공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.