Quality evaluation of cellulose nanofiber manufactured with a prototype grinder for the development of a taylor-flow nanogrinding system
- Lee, Y.H.; Lee, J.Y.; Jo, H.M.; Park, R.S.
- Issue Date
- Korean Technical Assoc. of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Cellulose nanofiber; Taylor-flow nanogrinder; prototype grinder; imported grinder; enzyme-pretreatment; fiber width
- Palpu Chongi Gisul/Journal of Korea Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, v.53, no.4, pp.98 - 105
- Journal Title
- Palpu Chongi Gisul/Journal of Korea Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this study, we aimed to develop a domestic grinder for the production of cellulose nanofibers (CNFs). Therefore, we manufactured a prototype grinder using Taylor-flow nanogrinding technology and evaluated the quality of the CNFs produced using it. To produce the CNFs, we pretreated hardwood bleached kraft pulp (HwBKP) with 0.5% or 1.0% of an enzyme. The enzyme-pretreated CNFs (EN-CNFs) were produced using the prototype grinder, and their particle size, viscosity, and fiber width were measured. As a control, EN-CNFs were also prepared with an imported microgrinder under the same conditions used for the prototype grinder and the same physical properties were investigated. With regard to the prototype grinder, as the grinding time increased, the particle size and fiber width decreased, and the viscosity increased. The imported grinder showed the same trends. Based on the fiber width of the EN-CNFs, the CNF manufacturing performance of the prototype grinder was judged to be 41.3% of that of the imported grinder. We drew the following conclusions based on our analysis of the fiber width and the difference in ? 2021 Korean Technical Assoc. of the Pulp and Paper Industry. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > Department of Environmental Materials Science > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.