Effects of Mulching on Soil Properties and Actinidia arguta Fruit Yield in South KoreaEffects of Mulching on Soil Properties and Actinidia arguta Fruit Yield in South Korea
- Other Titles
- Effects of Mulching on Soil Properties and Actinidia arguta Fruit Yield in South Korea
- 하시영; 정지영; 이동환; 양재경
- Issue Date
- 경상국립대학교 농업생명과학연구원
- Actinidia arguta fruit; Cultivar; Mulching; Yield; Soil
- 농업생명과학연구, v.55, no.3, pp.61 - 72
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Yield and fruit size are under the control of many interacting factors and crop failures can be caused by climatic extremes and poor flowering. Nevertheless, this study has shown that mulching, through the creation of improved soil properties and reduced environmental stress, has the potential to substantially increase A. arguta fruit size and yield. The mulched site performed better than the site without mulch in reducing soil temperature, increasing soil moisture and controlling available phosphorus. Moreover, mulching improved both yield and fruit size. In light of this, we hope that the results of our research will provide useful information for the cultivation of A.
arguta in South Korea. However, it also seems necessary to conduct research on the use of different types of mulch and on the economic profitability of mulch in the future.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > Department of Environmental Materials Science > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.