프로젝션용접에서 돌기 크기에 따른 용접 특성Examination of Welding Characteristics by Considering the Projection Size in Projection Welding
- Other Titles
- Examination of Welding Characteristics by Considering the Projection Size in Projection Welding
- 정상욱; 이상천; 박종훈
- Issue Date
- Projection Welding; Projection Size; Tensile Strength; Nugget Diameter
- 신뢰성 응용연구, v.21, no.2, pp.144 - 154
- Journal Title
- 신뢰성 응용연구
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: Projection welding is a resistance welding method in which materials are welded using the heat generated by passing an electric current to the projection of the metal base material. In this study, the characteristics of the projection welding quality were considered in terms of the projection size for the strut of a car rear suspension module.
Methods: Five welded specimens with a projection size ranging from 0.4 mm to 1.4 mm in intervals of 0.2 mm were prepared, and the corresponding surface appearance, tensile strength, and nugget diameter were compared.
Results: For a projection size of 0.8 mm or higher, the tensile strength satisfies all the specifications, and the projection height of 1.2 mm corresponds to the highest quality. For a projection size of 0.6 mm or higher, the nugget diameter satisfies the specifications. However, the projection size of 1.2 mm exhibits a large standard deviation.
Conclusion: Considering the obtained results, the projection size and lower specification of the nugget diameter are recommended to be increased to 1.2 mm and 6.0 mm, respectively.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.