Anti-hyperlipidemic effects of Dendropanax morbifera L. leaf water extract in hyperlipidemic rats fed a high-fat dietAnti-hyperlipidemic effects of Dendropanax morbifera L. leaf water extract in hyperlipidemic rats fed a high-fat diet
- Other Titles
- Anti-hyperlipidemic effects of Dendropanax morbifera L. leaf water extract in hyperlipidemic rats fed a high-fat diet
- 강예진; 김민재; 김진혁; 한용재; 박광일; 김석; 이후장
- Issue Date
- Dendropanax morbifera leaf; hyperlipidemia; rats
- 예방수의학회지, v.45, no.3, pp.144 - 149
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The present study is designed to investigate the hypolipidemic effect of the hot-water extract from the leaves of Dendropanax morbifera L. (DMWE) in hyperlipidemic rats. Thirty male 5-week-old rats were grouped as follows: Normal control (NC) given distilled water; hyperlipidemic control (HC) administered with distilled water; drug treatment (DT) orally administered with atorvastatin (10 mg/kg body weight (BW)); DMWE-treated groups (DM-50, DM-100 and DM-200) treated with DMWE 50, 100 and 200 mg/kg BW, respectively. All groups (except for NC) were fed a high-fat diet during the experiment. After 4 weeks of administration, the BW of all groups treated with DMWEs significantly increased compared to that of HC (p<0.05) and showed no significant difference compared to that of NC. In addition, serum total cholesterol levels in all groups treated with DMWEs were meaningfully decreased, compared to that in HC (p<0.05). In serum triglyceride (TG) and low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels, both DM-100 and DM-200 considerably decreased compared to HC (p<0.05), and no significant differences in TG levels were between DM-100 and DM-200.
In high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels, DM-200 was statistically different compared to HC, and there were no significant differences between DM-100, DM-200 and DT. Furthermore, aspartate transaminase and alanine aminotransferase concentrations of DM-100 and DM-200 were significantly decreased compared to those of HC (p<0.05). From results portrayed above, DMWE at the concentration of 100 mg/kg BW has been identified to be effective in the treatment of hyperlipidemic rats.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.