서해안 서천군 당정리 일대에 분포하는 육상 고해안 퇴적물의 형성 과정과 형성 시기(II): 추가 연대 자료 및 제4기 후기 연안 지형 발달 모델The Formative Processes and Ages of Paleo-coastal Sediments in Dangjeong-ri, Seocheon-gun in the Western Coast, South Korea (II): Complementation of Chronological Data and a Developmental Model of Coastal Geomorphology over the Past 200,000 Years
- Other Titles
- The Formative Processes and Ages of Paleo-coastal Sediments in Dangjeong-ri, Seocheon-gun in the Western Coast, South Korea (II): Complementation of Chronological Data and a Developmental Model of Coastal Geomorphology over the Past 200,000 Years
- 신재열; 홍영민; 류희경; 홍성찬
- Issue Date
- 고(古)조수 퇴적물; 해면 변동성 하안 단구; post-IR IRSL; 최종 간빙기 전 간빙기(MIS 7); 충청남도 서천군; paleo-tidal deposits; thalassostatic terrace; post-IR IRSL; the penultimate interglacial period; Seocheon-gun; Chungcheongnam-do
- 한국지형학회지, v.28, no.3, pp.51 - 61
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Following the previous study, we report a complementary dating data on the silty layers deposited in paleo-tidal conditions of the study area, Dangjeong-ri, Seocheon-gun and suggest coastal terrain development processes over the past 200,000 years. Based on the dating results, the silty layers distributed up to 25 m above mean sea level were deposited between 171 and 183 ka, and the gravel layer deposited in a fluvial environment of a paleo-Dangjeong stream was found to have formed between 78 and 83 ka.
Considering relative altitudes of distribution, an uplift rate of the study area in the western coast is judged to be relatively 0.5~0.7 low to that of Pohang area in the eastern coast. Compared to Busan and Sacheon areas in the southern coast, it is assumed that an uplift rate of the study area shows a similar level with those during the late Quaternary.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 지리교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.