Atorvastatin으로 유도된 근위축 세포모델에서 상황-오미자박 고상발효물 열수추출물의 보호효과Protective Effect of water extract Phellinus linteus-discard Schisandra chinensis solid fermented extracts on improvement of sarcopenia by Atorvastatin-induced muscle atrophy cell model
- Other Titles
- Protective Effect of water extract Phellinus linteus-discard Schisandra chinensis solid fermented extracts on improvement of sarcopenia by Atorvastatin-induced muscle atrophy cell model
- 김영숙; 황수진; 박광일; 임종민; 천다미; 정유진; 전병엽; 곽경태; 오태우
- Issue Date
- Phellinus linteus; Schisandra chinensis; C2C12 myotubes; solid-phase fermentation; anti-atrophic effect.
- 대한한의학 방제학회지, v.29, no.4, pp.239 - 252
- Journal Title
- 대한한의학 방제학회지
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objectives : This study is to effect of improving muscle atrophy through water extract on the solid-phase fermentation extraction with Phellinus linteus of discarded Schisandra chinensis in an atorvastatin-induced atrophy C2C12 cell.
Methods : C2C12 myoblast were differentiated into myotube by 2% horse serum medium for 6 days, and then treated solid-phase fermentation(S-P) extract at different concentrations for 24h. To investigate the effect of S-P extract on the induction of muscle atrophy and expression of atrophy-related genes and apoptosis in differentiated C2C12 myotubes using a GSH, ROS, real-time PCR, western blots analysis.
Results : As a result of treatment with atorvastatin at concentrations of 5, 10, and 20 uM on the 6th day of differentiation in C2C12 myotube cells, it was confirmed that the cell morphology was damaged in a concentration-dependent manner, and the length and thickness of the myotube also decreased in a concentration-dependent manner. Treatment with S-P extract (50, 100 and 200 ㎍/㎖) increased of GSH and inhibited ROS in the atorvastatin-induced muscle atrophy cell model at a concentration that did not induce toxicity. In addition, it was confirmed that it has an effect on muscle reduction by inhibiting apoptosis of muscle cells as well as being involved in protein production and degradation of muscle cells.
Conclusions : Atorvastatin-induced atrophy C2C12 cell, S-P extract activates related to differentiation/generation and proteolysis, and inhibits cell death of atrophy in C2C12 cell. Based on this, it is necessary to prove its effectiveness through animal models and human application test, but it is considered to be discarded Schisandra chinensis can present the potential for development as a recycling industrial material.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.