진주남강유등축제를 위한 유니폼 디자인 개발Development of Uniform Design for Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival
- Other Titles
- Development of Uniform Design for Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival
- 강다정; 임지영
- Issue Date
- Jinju Namgang Yudeong Festival; uniform design; motive design; textile design
- 한국지역사회생활과학회지, v.32, no.4, pp.525 - 548
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- As a town symbolic of national defense and allegiance since early times, Jinju annually hosts various festivals that encompass tradition and modernity. Of these, Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival is considered the best case in the cultural contents of festivals applying regional resources. As the festival is made known worldwide beyond Korea, it is also recognized as a global festival. The emergence of similar festivals to the Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival presents the need for the festival’s symbolic elements. Therefore, this study aimed to develop differentiated uniform designs reflective of the region’s characteristics and the Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival’s unique features to establish the festival’s identity and enhance its dignity as a global festival. In the design development process, the uniform’s motive was designed by reinterpreting the festival’s symbol mark into modern curves. One repeat of a pattern was designed by applying this motive, and the one repeat was repeated to create successive patterns, which were then used to develop a textile design that matched five colorways.
Ten uniform designs were developed for five groups of men and women in accordance with the design plan. This study enhanced the dignity of the Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival, which boasts more than four centuries of history, as a global festival by preserving its cultural value and establishing its identity.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 의류학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.