Quantifying Litterfall Input from the Stand Parameters of Korean Red Pine (Pinus densiflora S. et Z.) Stands in Gyeongnam ProvinceQuantifying Litterfall Input from the Stand Parameters of Korean Red Pine (Pinus densiflora S. et Z.) Stands in Gyeongnam Province
- Other Titles
- Quantifying Litterfall Input from the Stand Parameters of Korean Red Pine (Pinus densiflora S. et Z.) Stands in Gyeongnam Province
- 김춘식; 백경원; 최병길; 백경린; 김호진
- Issue Date
- allometric models; carbon cycling; forest soil; litterfall; red pine; nutrient cycling
- 한국산림과학회지, v.110, no.4, pp.569 - 576
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study developed an estimation model for litterfall input using the stand parameters (basal area, stand density, mean DBH, and carbon stocks of the aboveground tree biomass) collected from the Korean red pine (Pinus densiflora S. et Z.) stands of seven regions in Gyeongsangnam-do. The mean annual litterfall was 2,779 kg ha−1 year−1 for needles, 883 kg ha−1 year−1 for miscellaneous, 611 kg ha−1 year−1 for broadleaved, 513 kg ha−1 year−1 for branches, and 340 kg ha−1 year−1 for bark litter. The mean annual total litterfall was 5,051 kg ha−1 year−1.
Litterfall components were significantly correlated with stand parameters, except for broadleaved litter. A stronger correlation was observed between the carbon stock of the aboveground tree biomass and all the litterfall components compared with the other stand variables. The allometric equations for all the litterfall components were significant (P < 0.05), with the stand parameters accounting for 5%‒43% and 8%‒42% of the variation in the needle litter and total litterfall, respectively. The results indicated that the annual litterfall inputs of the Korean red pine stands on a regional scale can be effectively estimated by allometric equations using the basal area and carbon stocks of the aboveground tree biomass.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 환경산림과학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.