鄭氏集團의 變貌와 淸朝의 對應The Transformation of the Zheng Group and the response of the Qing Empire
- Other Titles
- The Transformation of the Zheng Group and the response of the Qing Empire
- Issue Date
- 鄭芝龍; 鄭成功; 鄭經; 鄭氏集團; 海禁; 遷界; 臺灣 領有; 開海; Zheng Zhilong; Zheng Chenggong; Zheng Jing; the Zheng Group; the Sea ban policy; the Coastal evacuation policy; Taiwan terrorizing; Open sea policy
- 동양사학연구, no.157, pp.277 - 315
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This article is a study that analyzed the aspect of the transformation of the Zheng group, which was based in the southeastern coastal region of China in the 17th century, and the response of the Qing Empire. Since the Qing Empire entered the Fujian area in 1646, the two powers had confronted each other for nearly 40 years. The Qing Empire implemented various policies targeting the Zheng group, which became driving forces behind the change of the Zheng group. As a result, the Qing Empire needed a new policy for responding against the Zheng group, which changed due to previous policies of the Qing. This kind of situation occurred over and over again.
Zheng Zhilong, who was just a leader of a pirate gang or smuggler group, grew into a giant warlord that dominated the southeast coast during the chaotic period of the late Ming and Qing dynasties. Due to Zheng Zhilong's opportunism, the Qing Empire could quickly eliminate the Southern-Ming regimes and control the southeast coastal areas. Despite the surrender of Zheng Zhilong, the Qing Empire could not stabilize the rule over the coastal zone. This is because Zheng Chenggong regrouped forces and carried out the anti-Qing activity. The Qing Empire implemented various policies to de-claw Zheng Chenggong but eventually faced practical limitations. The Qing Empire could not help but implement an extreme evacuation policy. During the Taiwan regime era, the Zheng group lost the political and economic connection with the coastal area. The Qing Empire, which enjoyed its reflective benefits, conquered Taiwan by absorbing the support of the coastal region. The Qing Empire implemented two new maritime policies-‘Taiwan Terrorizing’ and ‘Open Sea’- based on the issues raised in the after-treatment of the Zheng group.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 인문대학 > 사학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.