내진 성능을 갖춘 고성능 버터플라이밸브의 성능 인증을 위한 구조 및 유동해석Structure, Flowability Analysis, and Performance Evaluation for a High-Performance Butterfly Valve for Seismic Performance
- Other Titles
- Structure, Flowability Analysis, and Performance Evaluation for a High-Performance Butterfly Valve for Seismic Performance
- 나도경; 김상훈; 김경현; 박천; 도재혁; 임승완
- Issue Date
- Butterfly valve; Valve opening angle; Cavitation; CFD
- 신뢰성 응용연구, v.21, no.4, pp.305 - 319
- Journal Title
- 신뢰성 응용연구
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: Generally, the operating period of existing butterfly valves is 3 to 6 months, with continuous maintenance and replacement. It is necessary to develop a butterfly valve with high performance that increases the facility's efficiency and water treatment capacity and ensures reliability that it can be used even in an adverse vibrating environment.
Methods: This study investigates the structural safety of the new valve with the conventional valve through structural analysis. Furthermore, the cavitation occurrence and flowability are investigated based on flow analysis according to the valve's opening rate.
Results: When comparing the existing model with the new model by performing structural and flow analysis, it was found that the structural stability, improved flowability, and the degree of cavitation were reduced effectively.
Conclusion: Based on these results, applying the proposed design can efficiently reduce the overseas dependence of the industry of domestic butterfly valves and can also be applied for other developing related products and industries.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 융합기술공과대학 > 기계소재융합공학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.