여수 연안에 출현하는 참문어(Octopus vulgaris)의 성숙과 산란Maturation and Spawning of the Common Octopus Octopus vulgaris in the Coastal Waters of Yeosu, Korea
- Other Titles
- Maturation and Spawning of the Common Octopus Octopus vulgaris in the Coastal Waters of Yeosu, Korea
- 양혜진; 진수연; 김도균; 김희용; 문성용; 백근욱
- Issue Date
- Cephalopoda; Common octopus; Maturity; Spawning
- 한국수산과학회지, v.54, no.6, pp.1000 - 1006
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- The maturity and spawning of the common octopus Octopus vulgaris were studied using 317 samples collected monthly from January to December of 2020 from the coastal waters of Yeosu, Korea. The mantle length (ML) of O.
vulgaris ranged from 5.1 to 19.7 cm and body weight (BW) ranged from 117.6 to 3,645.4 g. We analyzed monthly changes in sex ratio, gonadosomatic index (GSI), histological maturity stage, and body weight at 50%, 75% and 97.5% group maturity. The sex ratio was 1:1.02, which was not significantly different from the value that expected.
Based on histological observation of the gonad development and gonadosomatic index, the spawning periods lasted throughout the year, with peak spawning periods estimated from March to April and July to August. The percentages of sexually mature females estimated using a logistic equation were over 50% at 554.46 g BW, 75% at 1,134.38 g BW and 97.5% at 2,474.22 g BW respectively.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 양식생명과학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.