영어교사의 동기 전략 사용이 학습자의 동기 수준에 미치는 영향The effects of English teachers’ use of motivational strategies on learners’ motivational level
- Other Titles
- The effects of English teachers’ use of motivational strategies on learners’ motivational level
- 손세리; 이성원
- Issue Date
- 동기; 교사 동기전략; 학습자 동기전략; 영어능력; 한국 고등학교; motivation; motivational strategies; learner motivation; English competence; Korean high school
- 영어교육연구, v.33, no.4, pp.173 - 192
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study explored whether teachers’ use of motivational strategies brings positive effects on the enhancement of learners’ motivation and whether learners’ English competence affects the results.
Additionally, the study examined if the strategies used either frequently or infrequently show different results in students’ motivational level when applied equally in the lesson. The results show that the teachers’ use of motivational strategies led to the enhancement of students’ learning motivation in general. Meanwhile, students’ English competence did not bring a meaningful difference in the effects of motivational strategies, which provides a rationale to employ motivational strategies regardless of the students’ competence level. Regarding students’ early motivational levels, students with lower motivational level showed more improvement. In addition, all the motivational strategies employed in the study proved to be effective regardless of the actual frequency of use. In conclusion, using motivational strategies had positive effects on the enhancement of learners’ motivation and helped them change their attitude toward learning English
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 영어교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.