Design and Numerical Simulation-Based Optimization of a Novel Flat-Face Coupling System for Hydraulic Power Equipmentopen access
- Wu, Yu-Ting; Qin, Zhen; Eizad, Amre; Lyu, Sung-Ki
- Issue Date
- computational fluid dynamics (CFD); hydraulic power transmission; flat-face coupling; dynamic mesh; poly-hexcore mesh; turbulent kinetic energy; mechanism design
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL, v.11, no.1
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL
- Coupling systems play a vital role in hydraulic power transmission equipment. In recent years, flat-face coupling systems have been extensively studied due to their environment friendly features. The difficulty of the connection process of hydraulic equipment increases with the increase in their working pressure. To improve the convenience of making high-pressure connections, a novel flat-face coupling system is proposed in this article. In the proposed design, which is based on the conventional flat-face coupling system, the resistance caused by high hydraulic fluid pressure during coupling is drastically reduced by the addition of an instantaneous pressure relief module. In this study, the theoretical model of the system kinetics is established to illustrate the operational mechanism of the novel design, and a series of computational fluid dynamics numerical investigations based on the novel dynamic mesh technology and Ansys Mosaic meshing technology are implemented to verify the rationality of the proposed design. Additionally, an optimal design of the novel flat-face coupling system is proposed to reduce the energy loss during hydraulic power transmission.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.