Compensation Method for Laser-Induced Thermal Effect Using Passive Opticsopen access
- Lee, Jung-Gwon; Kim, Yeong-Sik; Kim, Jeongyun; Lee, Jinho
- Issue Date
- POLISH ACAD SCIENCES INST PHYSICS
- ACTA PHYSICA POLONICA A, v.139, no.1, pp.56 - 61
- Journal Title
- ACTA PHYSICA POLONICA A
- Start Page
- End Page
- We experimentally characterized the laser-induced thermal effect on fused silica and established a method to remove the thermal load using passive optics. Based on the formula analyzed in [J. Kor. Phys. Soc. 69. 1531 (2016)], we were able to determine the specific length of the compensating material to remove the thermal effect. Remarkably, the thermal compensation was observed when the compensating material was placed before or after the material subject to thermal lensing. Our results demonstrate that one single passive optic can be used to overcome the thermal effect for various laser powers without any additional optics.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 물리교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.