Effect of powder recycling on room and elevated temperature damage tolerability of Inconel 718 alloy fabricated by laser powder bed fusion
- Choi, Heesoo; Kim, Sumin; Goto, Masahiro; Kim, Sangshik
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- Powder recycling; Inconel 718; Damage tolerability; Laser powder bed fusion; Elevated temperature
- MATERIALS CHARACTERIZATION, v.171
- Journal Title
- MATERIALS CHARACTERIZATION
- Inconel 718 (IN718) specimens were prepared by laser powder bed fusion (L-PBF) process using either virgin or recycled powder to investigate the effect of powder recycling on the damage tolerability (i.e., fracture toughness (K-Q) and fatigue crack propagation (FCP)) at 25 and 650 degrees C. It was found that the K-Q value of L-PBF IN718 specimen decreased marginally, while the FCP behavior was unaffected, with powder recycling at 25 and 650 degrees C. Detailed fractographic and micrographic analyses were conducted to identify the reason for two different trends in static and dynamic damage tolerability of L-PBF IN718 specimen made from virgin and recycled powder.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.