Bicarbonate Recognition Features of a Naphthobipyrrole-strapped Calixpyrrole
- Oh, Ju Hyun; Yang, Ju Ho; Choi, Han-Byeol; Kim, Sung Kuk
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- Calixpyrrole; Anion recognition; Bicarbonate
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.42, no.1, pp.130 - 134
- Journal Title
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- A calixpyrrole (1) strapped with a naphthobipyrrole was prepared and its ability to bind the bicarbonate anion (HCO3-) was investigated via H-1 NMR and UV/Vis spectroscopic analyses. The resulting spectral data revealed that receptor 1 was capable of recognizing HCO3- with high affinity in solutions as well as in the solid state. In CD2Cl2, it was inferred from H-1 NMR spectroscopic titration experiment that HCO3- interacts with receptor 1 via two different modes with the first involving HCO3- being hydrogen bonded to all six NH protons of the receptor. This interaction is followed by a deprotonation process of the bipyrrole NHs upon the subsequent addition of HCO3- while the anion remains hydrogen-bonded to the calixpyrrole NHs. In the presence of methanol, the bound bicarbonate anion was converted into an unstable monomethyl carbonate anion (CH3OCO2-) that was then stabilized by forming a complex with receptor 1.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.