Female Germ Cell Development, Functioning and Associated Adversities under Unfavorable Circumstancesopen access
- Bharti, Dinesh; Tikka, Manisha; Lee, Sang-Yun; Bok, Eun-Yeong; Lee, Hyeon-Jeong; Rho, Gyu-Jin
- Issue Date
- gametogenesis; oocytes; pathways; signaling; stem cells; differentiation; tumor; cancer
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES, v.22, no.4
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES
- In the present era, infertility is one of the major issues which restricts many couples to have their own children. Infertility is the inability to achieve a clinical pregnancy after regular unprotected sexual intercourse for the period of one year or more. Various factors including defective male or female germ cell development, unhealthy and improper lifestyles, diseases like cancer and associated chemo-or-radiation therapies, congenital disorders, etc., may be responsible for infertility. Therefore, it is highly important to understand the basic concepts of germ cell development including primordial germ cell (PGC) formation, specification, migration, entry to genital ridges and their molecular mechanisms, activated pathways, paracrine and autocrine signaling, along with possible alteration which can hamper germ cell development and can cause adversities like cancer progression and infertility. Knowing all these aspects in a proper way can be very much helpful in improving our understanding about gametogenesis and finding possible ways to cure related disorders. Here in this review, various aspects of gametogenesis especially female gametes and relevant factors causing functional impairment have been thoroughly discussed.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.