Research Note: Characterization of monoclonal antibodies and development of sandwich ELISA for detecting chicken IL7open access
- Panebra, Alfredo; Kim, Woo H.; Hong, Yeong H.; Lillehoj, Hyun S.
- Issue Date
- IL7; chicken; monoclonal antibody; sandwich ELISA; thymocyte proliferation assay
- POULTRY SCIENCE, v.100, no.3
- Journal Title
- POULTRY SCIENCE
- IL7 is a hematopoietic growth factor required for development and maintenance of lymphocytes including T cells, B cells, and natural killer cells. Recently, chicken IL7 (chIL7) has been cloned and studied in viral and parasite infection models. However, no monoclonal antibodies (mAb) that specifically detect chIL7 have been developed so far. In this study, recombinant chIL7 that expressed for immunization and mAb against chIL7 were developed and characterized to assess their immunologic properties. Five mAb exhibiting specific binding to chIL7 were generated and investigated for their applicability by Western blot, ELISA, and neutralization assays. A sandwich ELISA mAb pair that enables the measurement of chIL7 protein levels in biological samples from Eimeriainfected chickens was identified and several mAb neutralized chicken primary thymocyte proliferation mediated by chIL7. The mAb developed in this study will be valuable reagents for fundamental and applied immunological studies in poultry.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 수의과대학 > Department of Veterinary Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.