Tailoring Extra-Strength of a TWIP Steel by Combination of Multi-Pass Equal-Channel Angular Pressing and Warm Rollingopen access
- Abramova, Marina; Raab, Arseniy; Valiev, Ruslan Z.; Khannanova, Anna; Lee, Chong Soo; Kim, Jae Nam; Jang, Gyeong Hyeon; Kim, Jung Gi; Kim, Hyoung Seop; Renk, Oliver; Enikeev, Nariman
- Issue Date
- TWIP steel; equal-channel angular pressing; rolling; ultrafine-grained materials; microstructure; mechanical properties
- METALS, v.11, no.3
- Journal Title
- Increasing the yield stress of twinning-induced plasticity (TWIP) steels is a demanding task for modern materials science. This aim can be achieved by microstructure refinement induced by heavy straining. We feature the microstructural evolution and mechanical performance of a high-manganese TWIP steel subjected to deformation treatment by different combinations of equal channel angular pressing (ECAP) and rolling at different temperatures. The effect of microstructure on the tensile properties of the steel subjected to the multi-pass ECAP process and to subsequent rolling is reported as well. We show that the combined deformation procedure allows us to further increase the strength of the processed workpieces due to a gradual transition from a banded structure to a heterogeneous hierarchical microstructure consisting of fragments, dislocation configurations and nano- and micro-twins colonies. Rolling of multi-pass ECAP specimens at 375 degrees C allowed us to achieve an extraordinary strength, the highest among all the investigated cases, while the best trade-off between yield strength and elongation to failure was reached using multi-pass ECAP followed by rolling at 500 degrees C. This study shows a great potential of using combined deformation techniques to enhance the mechanical performance of TWIP steels.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.