Near-Field UHF Quadruple Loop Antenna With Uniform Field Distribution for Item-Level Tagging
- Kim, Se-Young; Ahn, Seong-Hyeop; Lee, Wang-Sang
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Item-level tagging; near-field; quadruple loop antenna (QLA); smart manufacturing; ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) RFID; uniform field distribution
- IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS, v.20, no.4, pp.523 - 527
- Journal Title
- IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS
- Start Page
- End Page
- The near-field ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) quadruple-loop antenna (QLA) with uniform field distribution for item-level tagging is proposed. The proposed antenna consists of quadruple fan-shaped small loops and the middle feeding lines of each loop located at the top and bottom of the substrate using vias. The currents flowing through feeding lines are cancelled due to opposite directional currents (ODCs), and the proposed QLA operates as one large loop electrically. From this configuration, the proposed antenna achieves more uniform field distribution and a precise interrogation zone than conventional loop antennas. Compared to the conventional loop antennas with different sizes, the proposed antenna using the uniform field distribution achieves a interrogation zone of 40 x 40 mm(2) at up to approximately 50 mm.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.