Machine Learning-Based Approach for Seismic Damage Prediction Method of Building Structures Considering Soil-Structure Interactionopen access
- Won, Jongmuk; Shin, Jiuk
- Issue Date
- artificial neural network; soil& #8211; structure interaction effect; multistep analysis process; seismic performance evaluation; safe and sustainable structure
- SUSTAINABILITY, v.13, no.8
- Journal Title
- Conventional seismic performance evaluation methods for building structures with soil-structure interaction effects are inefficient for regional seismic damage assessment as a predisaster management system. Therefore, this study presented the framework to develop an artificial neural network-based model, which can rapidly predict seismic responses with soil-structure interaction effects and determine the seismic performance levels. To train, validate and test the model, 11 input parameters were selected as main parameters, and the seismic responses with the soil-structure interaction were generated using a multistep analysis process proposed in this study. The artificial neural network model generated reliable seismic responses with the soil-structure interaction effects, and it rapidly extended the seismic response database using a simple structure and soil information. This data generation method with high accuracy and speed can be utilized as a regional seismic assessment tool for safe and sustainable structures against natural disasters.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > School of Architectural Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.